Monday, January 15, 2007

back again

Okay, so I`m back in Hiroshima again. Some dude got sick and I`m back over, sorry if you didn`t get the memo. Anyways, living in the `Hiroshima Intelligent Hotel` right now, which kindly offers this PC in the lobby I am using, while the women at the desk stare at me. Ends up I`ll be living in the countryside, in Kumano from tomorrow forward, about a 50 minute busride from the city. Luckily, I get off work about 5 hours early than I did at Amity so it still makes up for it.(not so so bad since the last bus leaves to kumano from downtown hiroshime at like 11.30 p.m.)
Anyways, living a hermitlike existence in the peaceful countryside, not only will my Japanese start to rule, but I will have a lot of free time to uhh, meditate, draw, and practice the guitar. And my apartment out there is actually really sweet. Now is busy, and the first week or so of work is going to be frightening, teaching entire classrooms of kids as opposed to 1 to 4. Not to mention today I have to go meet the board of education, and introduce myself to both of the schools. Ugh!! Still, it will be so much nicer- i had my coordinator drive me to both of the schools yesterday, and they are so awesome looking! Buildings situated throughout tightly packed traditional style japanese homes, futons hanging out to dry. Stuff like that.
I think I will be the only foreigner living in the town. Crazy.

In limbo
-Dan

3 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Janelle said...

I'm anxious to see pictures of the new apartment and neighborhood where you will be living. So until your new contract in April begins, you will be commuting from Kumano to the inner city? Am I confused? Then from April on you will live nearer to the schools that you will be teaching?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger battlmnkey said...

Cool! You are like Yure Watanabe and his garden!!
I hope it's not too long until you get internet access there....


maresa

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger battlmnkey said...

Dude, you can learn how to use the blushes and go to the blush festival!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home