Saturday, January 28, 2006

on a new note


So last night I went to this little yakitori hidden in the neon depths of the nagarekawa. I snapped this with my keitai (cell phone), it fails to capture the whole atmosphere, but let me tell you it is very cool. (but for one exception, which i'll talk about later) And very japanese. I drank and talked with Keisuke, Akira, and Eiji all night. Eiji is the bartender/owner or whatever, and Akira works there too but it was his night off.
Eiji kept pouring us free shots of sake, and he never fails to correct my americanisms. Like standing at the bar, or taking my shot with 1 hand. He says "You're in Japan!"
of course, that's one of the few things he says i can actually understand. Eiji is all about the "kitanai nihongo", or dirty japanese. When he talks it sounds like someone is holding down a fast forward button.

Things are well. I work a lot. It's very beautiful today, it's pretty warm, and just super gray outside. I'd go somewhere... but i don't know where to go, and I think I'm going to do laundry and play videogames today. It's tiring, and stressful, how i live. It's like an extended vacation basically ~ I think having a couch would probably fix my life. Or a nice desk and cozy chair. Well, I guess this bottle of wine and box of pocky is going to have to cut it instead.

matta ne -d

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, what is the "one exception" that wasn't cool about this place? And do you mean you are supposed to hold a little shot glass with two hands?! What's in the pan cooking? An appetizer to go with the beer? Your cell phone took a pretty good picture...much, much better than your cell phone here did.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you need a day to just relax. Heloise

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dan
It is superbowl sunday and your grandparents 62 anniversary. I have been on my annual diet and your food photos are killing me. Everything looks good and I have been missing the bars too, because I am on the no booze diet.

All is well here, Haley got a 3.7 semester grade in her sophomore year. Our cat Pepperjoe died this week, he was 20 and had a good retirement. We have had lots of rain but today it is nice.

Lani and I are going to Mexico City for 4 nights and then on to Isla Mujeres, a small island near Cancun which we love. Glenn and Heloise are coming to stay with Haley.

I have been working long days too for several years and it gets old BUT you are doing something worthwhile. It seems that you are coming to a conclusion to be more adventurous. I had a hard time with this when I was young. I do not regret never getting in trouble or causing problems but sometimes I know that I should have had more of a sense of adventure. It makes you many friends and girls love adventerous men. I know that going to Japan is an adventure in itself, I'm talking about going down roads that you do not know where they lead to, or flopping for a night at a friends home, or making friends with total strangers.

It sounds like you are doing well and I will check in. I love the blog thing.

Uncle Don

 

Post a Comment

<< Home