Monday, December 05, 2005

2nd day in hiroshima, and boy are my arms tired!

i've been BUSY! tomorrow i start work, it's 7 in the evening here, i got my cell phone today. got into hiroshima yesterday, all unpacked, i'll take more pics of my apartment and get them up soon. Hiroshima is SOOOOO cool ~ it's such a cool cool city, like it's alive, and new(duh) and very metropolitan. Everyone is young and everything is really colorful and hip. Its really amazing. I'm nervous and scared and stuff, but i'm really looking forward to feeling at home here. Got my cell phone today, you can watch TV on it, listen to the radio, record video, it has a memory card slot so you could import stuff, it has a infared thing so you can connect with other vodaphones(my company), and has a japanese-english english-japanese dictionary on it, and tons of stuff i don't even know about. its amazing. it was $30, and one of the cheaper models.

i took the shinkansen here, its just one stop up from okayama, it only took like 40 minutes. The shinkansen is awesome, and it's like a celebrity here. the kids love it. there are a few different classes of shinkansen, i took the hikari which has the most leg room i guess, the nozomi is the fastest line of shinkansen. so there are lots of shinkansen, it's just a type of train. i'm using kat's computer now, so i'll go upload my pictures on my computer, bring it over here, and get them on the 'net. i have some good ones!

it snowed last night for the first time here!! it was so beautiful, and i took pictures but it was night so i'm not sure how well they turned out. everyone was really excited, and so it was a magic feeling night. i met lots of people, the girl mandy i'm replacing is really really awesome, and everyone knows her. i hope no one holds it against me! it's sort of sad, even for me and i just have known her a day. We hit the Nagarekawa(drinking district of town) and went to this place called the shack, and kemby's A.M. mandy's dating the owner, they are like sister bars. Hiroshima is a really big gai-jin hub of japan, so those bars are full of british, australian, american, and other people ~ everyone has a different background, and is together in this amazing city, and you can like feel the energy of it. Also went to this place called el barco, a dance place. There's also a molly malone's here. I was out till 5 (whoops!). my apartment is like RIGHT in the middle of town. it's small but cute and the location is so awesome. I really got one of the best positions you could have anywhere in japan. Maybe THE best.

I have yet to see the a-bomb memorial, i almost forgot that was here until just now. I'll have to wait until next weekend, i think, and make a day of it. Geez I haven't even seen the river yet... so busy, ugh...

www.gethiroshima.com puts out like a monthly thing, with a map of the city and pinpoints and descriptions of all the bars, and internet cafes, shopping places, culture spots, etc... it's very very cool, the city just buzzes. so why am i so afraid of it right now?

I'm going to go chill out, make dinner, put in a movie and iron my clothes. First time I've gotten a chance to settle down. Kat and mandy are out again, eeee! crazy. But they're shopping not drinking I guess. I HAVE to get some pictures up!!

~~~~ daniel sensei (seriously)

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm mailing you a pkg today with some beef jerky from Iowa. That was a good letter! Missed the pictures, so maybe you forgot to post them. Sounds like such an fascinating city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home