Friday, February 08, 2008

a chill pill or 4

After that beer I mentioned, and a few more, I've mellowed out, and am going to make a post chronicling the music that's I've been diggin for the past couple months.
I'm at the end of the stretch here in japan, I've just realized it'll very soon be march, my last month here, then my ass needs to be out. I have no idea how to reverse the moving in process i've done into this country. I'm looking around my trinket-stuffed apartment, looking at my guitar and sanshin and x-box and wii and boxes of junk and i feel like something just got wedged into the gears in my brain.
So, I also bought a melodian, which the kids here play in school. Here's what finally pushed me over the limit and made me buy it.


that's ratatat, head to www.ratatatmusic.com and DL their remix2 album for free~ they toss their music behind some rappers, here's their version of jay-Z's "allure".

Jay is a pretty great rapper but his beats are usually shit. Danger Mouse was also kind enough to re-do one of his tracks. This one is from the grey album, danger's remix of jay's black album and the beatles white album


Also, 9th wonder also re-did the black album, called "black is back". But I'm not gonna post anymore of that.
I'm getting really stoked to come back to america, and am trying to get into the spirit of the country reading politics, etc, so lets take it back from those guys and show an american hero. Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin On?" has made a full circle, sadly, in it's cultural importance. Please sit through this whole track -- it actually is two. What's goin on, and what's happenin brother. I wanted to post "Inner City Blues (make me wanna holler)" cause that's my fav. track on there, but this live is out of this world, so here you are.


here's a pretty famous MC named Insight, who put out an album with this japanese DJ Shin-ski. Dunno if he was just here long enough to get the album together or what? But this video's taped in japan. The 2nd track on this vid is good, Early Days Amazement, but they have this song called "passin by" i really like but couldn't find.


and finally probably the hottest of the lot, MF Doom, the mad flows supervillian, I love this super low production, like he's rappin into a mic over the soundtrack of some 80s show on his VHS, and the vids got the same quality


he's also got out these instrumental volumes, called "Special Herbs" and instrumental stuff is my heaven so these albums are gonna get a lot of listens, i bought vol 4,5,6 on iTunes (Thanks mom!) Here's some samples~


alright, i'm out for now

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info – I
have definitely picked up anything new from right here.
I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could
get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if
your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google
and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.
Also see my site: free rap beats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home