Tuesday, August 08, 2006

in 5!....4!....3!.... ___.....____.....


in 5!....4!....3!.... ___.....____.....
Originally uploaded by mrlovegrove.
it looks like I was really part of the action, huh?
Nah i was just lurking.
I spent a long time out that day, august 6th. I walked around and around that dome/park for a few hours, and i got to feeling pretty lonely. It's odd, i rarely feel lonely here (one of the few times was mentioned a couple blogs ago i believe), but i definately spend a lot of time with my own thoughts here. No matter how much time i spend around other people. The nature of the day, also, added to these feelings.
It was a sad day, but a really beautiful one-- and those two overtones really make you wish for some company.

I have noticed this want i have lately, and it's not as much of a "want" as a "need" -- i have this unquenchable want for anonymity. I will go to a bar, and truly enjoy it, but if i meet the people who work or own it, i just can't bring myself to go back. Like I feel that if i befriend them, then i OWE them my return service, on a fairly regular basis. I don't feel like they expect this from me, but i feel like I owe it.
And i can't stand it, it feels like shackles.
I'm realizing i feel this way not with just bar/restaurant owners, but every person that i meet -- when it comes down to it, i don't see how a relationship is ever possible with that attitude.
I go out, almost every day, because i want to meet people-- but then once they become an acquaintance, i am sort of afraid of running into them again because i will owe them some conversation, and what if i'm not in the mood?

I'm a rock, I'm a mountain, but I think I'm a silly one.
The moral of the story is that I'm getting pretty sweet on Yukie, although I can think of about a thousand reasons not to be.

I put up a lot of photos, of the 6th and the day there-after when i went to takehara with jess. It was an adorable little town, I could just eat it up i'm freakin serious. Or drink it up, there was a sake factory there after all.

p.s. i owe everyone an apology. Either you can't read japanese, so my japanese posts are stupid. Or you CAN read japanese, in which case they are a whole hell of a lot stupider. That is, to say, if you can make heads or tails of what i'm trying to say. Either way just let me have my practice~
-D

5 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Did you ever get the viewfinder lens repaired? (probably under a 1 yr warranty)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger the reese. said...

impressive entries man. and yukie...are you guys going to hang out durin obon? or is dan flyin solo...i thinks she should go to tokyo w/ you, and then you could just HAPPEN upon a love hotel...

i'll leave it at that.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

This is your cousin Spencer. The site is great! It's nice to see someone out there across the globe!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

This is your cousin Spencer. The site is great! It's nice to see someone out there across the globe!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAN. Let's use the sound effect we used in the last level in this one. You mean this one (ketchup bottle spray) ? Yea. Can you believe we get paid to do this?


-C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home