Monday, July 10, 2006

Happenings


Ojii-san 1
Originally uploaded by mrlovegrove.
So things are going well lately. It's soooo hot and humid, yesterday I went to kure, and riding my bike to the international center to return my book at like 10:30 in the morning, I thought I was going to die. My shirt felt like a damp rag, dang.
Oh so Kure, you should check my flickr page. Just click that picture of me and the old man. There was an art market, which was awesome, I took some videos and pictures~ here is a video for you from it. It's an Aibo, which i want horrendously bad. Too bad they are like 2 G's(!!!) 二十万円はすごくとても高いよ!




CIMG2238 on Vimeo

Anyways, I also went to the yamato museum. Which wasn't very cool because it was all in japanese. I got an english audio tour player, but it was pretty much just a kind gesture on their part. So Imagine a wall, crammed with artifacts, graphs, photos, information, and a whole hell of a lot of writing- you turn to the audio track and it says "Under the influence of Mathew Perry's american fleet, japan started industrial advancement"
Anyways, it was still pretty cool. Got some good pictures. Killed some time. Not that I have a lot of time to kill...
went to yatai with yukie, that's where they set up tents on a daily basis and serve food. We went to an Italian one, actually, which is probably the only italian yatai in japan i'd guess. It was delicious, and really cool to sit outside with a pretty girl, a glass of wine, and some mushroom and shrimp creme sphaghetti.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duder.... The fourth was pretty fun, we played beer pong on the 820 front lawn and watched fireworks over the crazy teacher's houseline!! Brews and Blues was freaking sweet, and it wasn't a gillion degrees for some crazy reason this year. Went to bed afterwards around 5pm with a horrible headache... now go see Superman Returns if you ever want to be considered slightly American ever again, Japanaholic.

-C Bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home