Monday, March 13, 2006

okayama sluber parties


So I had training this weekend in Okayama on sunday. Everyone new to ____ from west japan did ~ Mat lives there so i hopped on the shinkansen after work and stayed sat. night there.

Kampai!

Then sunday we had training, then i went to izakaya and karaoke with the trainers and mat. First off, we all know that izakaya is great so there's not much more to say about that. We all got a big room at karaoke, and the minute we walked in we took out our drinks we stashed, jumped up on the couches, and just started wailing!! It was one of the best times ever! Then that night I slept at peter's apartment. Quick summary there but it does the job ~ the point is that having to work on my weekend should have sucked but it ended up being an awesome weekend!!!

Tomorrow I work. After work maresa will get here. Let the good times roll! I can't wait to experience someone's first reactions to this crazy country. I'm not joking when I say it seems like I get more confused the longer I stay here, it can really be so wierd that I have to stop something I'm doing, and just think to myself "what on earth is up with Japan??" I'm not sure I could ever figure it out, but I love it.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you mean slumber party? Is the girl next to Mat a teacher?

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you and Maresa are having a good time. Sounds like you had a good week-end. Heloise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home